At wordhcmc.com we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
1. To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
2. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
3. To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
4. With user consent, to market services to individuals users.
There may be additional privacy policies that apply to certain services on www.wordhcmc.com. Please read these at the time you register or subscribe for these services on the site.
Please follow the links below for further information.
1. We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the security technology. This means:
- we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information
- we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures
2. We will respect your privacy. You should only receive marketing emails from THE WORD HO CHI MINH CITY and/or from third parties screened which you have agreed to. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive marketing. We may, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
3. We will only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will only use personal data for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
6. Our site is accessible via the Internet. This means that, where you choose to post your data on the site, this could be accessed from anywhere around the world.
7. Where we or our service providers transfer data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) this is only ever done with the relevant protections required by UK law being in place.
How we use your information
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users through registration and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when entering sales promotions and competitions ("sales promotions").
A technique called browser fingerprinting may be used by our systems to uniquely identify computing devices, but not individuals. This information is used by our third party advertisers to improve the accuracy of advertising revenue and billing. Unlike cookies, browser fingerprinting does not write, or store, any information on your computing device.
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address, a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, Professional Networks) so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. This also enables us to personalise services for our users.
Updating your personal information
We offer a 'My Account' page, where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your marketing preferences. You can get to this page from most pages on the site - simply click on the 'My Account' link at the top of the screen when you are signed in.
Who we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will only share your information with carefully chosen third parties.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
We may use service providers to help us run this site or services available on the site, some of whom may be based outside the EEA. Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with UK data protection legislation. We may also independently audit these service providers to ensure that they meet our standards.
1) For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our website. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
4) Placing cookies on your computer means we can serve you adverts that you might be more interested in, and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use as many services on our website and you might see more pop-ups and other intrusive advertising, as we won't be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will however still be able to view editorial content.
Use of Browser Fingerprinting
We may use browser fingerprinting when a third party wishes to accurately track its advertising conversion without using cookies. The technique uses the characteristics of your browser to uniquely identify your computing device but not you as an individual, and hence it is not used to target advertising at an individual.
Browse fingerprinting cannot be controlled by user configured browser settings in the same way as cookies.
By using this site you are agreeing to the use of browser fingerprinting as described.
About our advertising
Our advertising service allows us to deliver targeted advertising to visitors to our website. It works by showing you adverts which are based on the type of content you have been reading, and delivering adverts which we believe may be of interest to you.
As you browse www.wordhcmc.com one of the cookies we place on your computer will be an advertising cookie so we can understand what sort of pages you're interested in. Some of our partners prefer to use browser fingerprinting instead of cookies to uniquely identify your device to improve the accuracy of their advertising billing.
This information we collect about your computer enables us to group you with other computers who have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to you which is based on these interests. For instance if you have been reading a lot of Food and Drink articles we may decide to show you more adverts based on food and drink.
It's important to remember that none of the techniques we employ use or requires us to collect information like your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
Behavioural retargeting is another form of which enables us and some of our advertising partners to show you ads based on your online reading away from wordhcmc.com. For example, if you have visited the website of an online clothes shop you may start seeing ads from that same shopping site displaying special offers or showing you the products that you were browsing. This is allows companies to advertise to website visitors who leave their website without making a purchase.
We may also want to share behavioural data with other websites. This may mean that when you are on other websites you are served advertising based on your behaviour on wordhcmc.com, and on wordhcmc.com you may be served advertising based on your behaviour on other sites.
Behavioural retargeting is another form which enables us and some of our advertising partners to show you ads based on your online reading away from wordhcmc.com. For example, if you have visited the website of an online clothes shop you may start seeing ads from that same shopping site displaying special offers or showing you the products that you were browsing. This is allows companies to advertise to website visitors who leave their website without making a purchase.
If you want to opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using this website. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customised to you.
Wordhcmc.com contains contextual affiliate links from which we may earn revenue. Our articles are never influenced by advertisers or affiliates, nor are they written for the purpose of promoting a product, except when clearly branded as a 'sponsored feature' or 'advertisement feature' or 'sponsor's content'.
Legal information and how to contact us
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller for www.wordhcmc.com and services provided through the website by THE WORD HO CHI MINH CITY is Duong Huynh Advertising, 54/26 Nguyen Cu Trinh, Q1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding THE WORD HO CHI MINH CITY's use of personal data please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address, or by email to email@example.com